RYKERRULES

RYKER RULES ALASKA

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gingerbread Village with Assistant Chef Ryker

Yay, it's that time of year again and you know what that means . . .  

. . . that's right, my Uncle Joe Hickel, the Pastry Chef at the Hotel Captain Cook Anchorage, has built his Gingerbread Village again and I gotta go take a look.

This is me an' Uncle Joe in front of the village.  Uncle Joe counts on me to inspect the village and give it the Ryker Sniff of Approval.  That's sorta like a Blue Ribbon, only better.

Let's do a quick photo-op for our fans, Uncle Joe.

And of course I need to say hello to my fans real quick too.

OK.  You ready?  Here's a high-five for luck.  Lemme put on my hat and let's go have a look.

Uncle Joe is explaining how he made the pieces.  He's very clever with gingerbread and candy and chocolate and icing and everything.  

Hey mama, you gettin' this?  Uncle Joe says we can do some close-ups.



Do you get a sense of how big this Village is?  Here's some more!




Isn't that gorgeous?  It takes him about three weeks to build it.  And there's more . . . 



All that detail - I could stare at this for hours . . .

Look over here Mama.  There's even rock pieces showing through the snow.

 Well that is just incredible detail.  And it tastes really good too.  Hey Uncle Joe, I have GOT to know how you did that.

 Uh huh . . . had to cut each piece to size, eh?  Oh, and you put 'em on *after* the icing . . .

. . . really?  Each piece, one at a time?  And you just push 'em right in?  That's very impressive.

 Congratulations Uncle Joe, I hereby award you the coveted Snootersnack Award.

You deserve it Uncle Joe.  I think this is your best Gingerbread Village ever!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everybody from Mama, me and the bestest Uncle Joe a doggie could have.

To see more live views of Pastry Chef Joe Hickel's Gingerbread Village and even a time-lapse video of him building it, you can go to his website here: Gingerbread Village





18 comments:

  1. OMG, the Gingerbread Village is amazing! Chef Joe is so talented and his works are wonderful. Thank you so much for showing us the beautiful Gingerbread Village!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a work of Art! Your Uncle Joe is a very talented Chef and it looks like he likes you too! Thanks for the tour..I really enjoyed it...everything looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was beautiful. And your own private tour by the chef!
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's only one word for that ....INCREDIBLE!!
    Thanks for the wonderful tour and great interview Ryker. I'm always amazed that you are allowed to get so close to the 'food', but I guess after being on display for so long, no one eats it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD your uncle Joe is AMAZING :) hope you got to lick some cream :) xxoxxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ryker....
    What a delicious work of art!! I love it!! ;op
    --Raelyn and Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious project! I'm amazed by all the detail. So who gets to gobble up the village once display time is over?

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMD, thats something Ryker, hey did you get a quick taste, or does that happen after Christmas, what does he do with that whole village?

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's a pawsome high-5 to your Uncle Joe, Ryker! That's the most amazing gingerbread village I've ever seen and you are sooooo lucky to have such talent surrounding you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You are so Lucky Ryker!
    Your Uncle Joe is SOME talent.
    Did you take just a little lick? We won't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whau what an amazing gingerbread village. I would surely take a little lick, if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ryker.....this is the best, most amazing gingerbread village I have ever seen. I can understand why you and Momma just stare forever at all the little intricate thingies. So very cool. Your Uncle Jo needs some national and international recognition with this endeavour. Seriously!!

    I sure hope you guys all have a humongous HAPPY MERRY XMAS !!

    CHEERS!!
    Sophie *sitting her staring at the GingerBread World* Doodle here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PSST ~~~ LOVE your baker's hat, Ryker!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Sophie! My dad made that little hat just for me!
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  13. Oh you look so exited in front of those sweets , nice meeting you and you are very welcome on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute blog! And what an amazing Christmas village. Love it.

    Ryker is so adorable. My friend has an Aussie and I adore him, so it fun to see a cousin of his :)

    ReplyDelete

Ryker is wiggling to hear your comments!

Blog Archive

My Blog List