RYKERRULES

RYKER RULES ALASKA

Saturday, January 18, 2014

I GOTS SOME BAD BOY IN ME ! Insipred by Dropcam



Normally I'm a pretty good dog. I'm well trained and know a bunch of tricks. I am a Service and a Therapy Dog so I know my stuff.  But I also have a wild streak, especially when it comes to counter surfing.

 This was the time that I snagged a big container of homemade vegetable soup that mama had cooling on the counter.  Good thing it was not still super hot.  It smelled sooo good...

And tasted even better!

Mama loves to tell the story of when I was 8 months old and found a package on the front porch around Christmas time.  With my expert sniffer I detected food and worked my way through the cardboard box, a cellophane wrapper, into a round tin and then through another cellophane wrapper, then dove into a delectable FRUITCAKE!  Not just any fruitcake mind you...but a special apricot and pecan fruitcake from the Collin Street Bakery in TX.  It was a big cake and I was only able too eat 3/4th of it.  
Mama says she found the rest of it in the side yard after the big thaw.  I was pooping orange nut filled delights for a week!


So yes, I have my weakness and a nose for goodies.  I watch my daddy eat yummy things and he usually shares a little with me, I call it "doggy tax".  If he's rude and doesn't share I wait till he goes to bed and then sneak into his trash can to check out the wrappers.
  Good thing both my parents have a sense of humor!


This was an entry for "Pet Story" Challenge and Dropcam.  With a drop cam you can capture and record your pets antics while your away!
https://www.dropcam.com/





.

12 comments:

  1. I'm laughing.....oh my! Years back, Calli stole the odd pound of butter off the counter, and even lifted a small plastic container of liquid fat from the counter, and carried it downstairs without spilling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I got up and went into the kitchen for something, and there was Mr. Otto with BOTH FRONT PAWS on the counter - just checkin' things out! You're in good company, Ryker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are in great company and what can you say? You just naturally have a great nose, and great taste goes right along with that!! :-)

    PS: LOVE your header photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh we all have that streak in us. Why would God give us such great noses if we can use them to sniff out the yummy stuff.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have a healthy appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ryker! You and my pups would get along so well. They are counter surfing experts, too. And also pantry-robbing experts. With the excellent sniffers that you guys have, I guess we people shouldn't be too surprised at how effectively you guys use them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryker Dude, you sure is naughty and we love it WoooHoooooo You need a follow me email button, I keep missing posts xxxooxxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn - my legs are tooooo short to reach ANY counter :(
    Stewey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ryker, no worries. I think we all have a little bad boy inside.

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, Ryker. I'm just glad you left a bite or two of that fruitcake for your Mom & Dad. Our Toby was the counter-surfer extraordinaire---everything was fair game. Sage seems to only find a sock from the bedroom, and only if Mom is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, oh Ryker you very SNEAKY thing! Cover up the evidence next time!
    Wowee, you are a genius! How did you even get that fruit cake?
    Pippa :)

    ReplyDelete

Ryker is wiggling to hear your comments!

Blog Archive

My Blog List